Sunday, April 17, 2011

*time out from Z to A Blogging Challenge*

Versatile Blogger Award

Tara Tyler honored me with the Versatile Blogger Award this week. Her blog is a fantastic mixture of writing tips and advice on life. Truly, a spot have a cuppa and put your feet up.

My penance is to reveal seven things about myself. Well, now, how easy is that? 
 
  • I admire babies from afar but snuggle with strange puppies and kittens.
  • Old barns, windmills, and farmsteads fascinate me. I wonder what their history is and if the swing in the front yard of the crumbling house misses the children that once played around it. 
  • Oak. I love oak. Trees, floors, desks, tables. Love it.
  • Since 1980, we’ve used a wood stove to heat our house. It’s kind of messy, ashes and wood chips to clean out, but at 400 bucks a month savings on heating, it’s been worth it. 
  • Hate spiders (who doesn’t?) but love praying mantis. 
  • Once upon a time, in my Laura Ingalls Wilder past, I made butter, cheese, milked a cow, had chickens. 
  • In my younger days, I broke horses.
Passing on this award is the hard part since how do I choose between all my lovely bloggers. But here goes:

 
Cre8tiv Glory








 
Visit these sites for writing tips, a cuppa, or just for a smile. All are well-worth your time.

This writing community of ours is massive and our fellowship an amazing treasure.

 

13 comments:

  1. love your 7 things =)
    and spiders aren't so bad, just misunderstood, and a little scary.
    happy awards day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your award and thank you for sharing some facts about yourself.

    Have a great Sunday.

    Ellie Garratt

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, I have a friend who has pet mantises. They are so cute when they are so tiny.

    Congratulations and thanks! I've updated my awards page. I think I'm going to have to update my 7 things since it's been a while since I did this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your award! It is definetely well-deserved and I really enjoyed reading what you shared about yourself.

    Thanks so much for passing this award onto me.
    Your blog is one of my favorites and I feel really honored - and surprised! I'm always looking for great blogs to read, so I'll definetely check out the others you chose too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. congratulations on a very well deserved award!
    L

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats and thanks for passing it my way!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats on the award and thank you for passing it on :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there and congrats on your award! Thanks for the Twitter follow (@NicoleDwrites)!! I followed your blog link from your profile page after reading your tweet about the A-Z Blogfest. I'm participating too!! You feeling burned out yet? LOL Past the halfway mark -- we can make it!

    Looking forward to reading more from you. Have a great end-of-the-weekend :))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on the award. And it's a pleasure to meet you from the A-Z Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations!! Your seven revelations are pretty cool. I love barns and old buildings too. I could spend the day searching for them and photographing them. Thank you for your comments and your follow. I'm so glad I joined the A to Z challenge. It's been a job to come up with something every day but I'll miss it when it's over.

    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your award! I enjoyed reading your seven things about yourself. Thanks for visiting my blog, I'm so glad to have discovered yours and look forward to following! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much, you're such a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete

Your Turn. Don't Be Shy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...