Friday, April 22, 2011

Heavy Metal and Inspiration -- Z to A Blog Challenge

In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida. The greatest rock song of all time. I requested a wedding band play it during a couple’s dance. They declined for some reason.

Music plays a part in my chosen craft. Sometimes it is Mozart. Other times soundtracks from movies like Star Trek (2009) or Pride and Prejudice (2005) that inspire me. E. S. Posthumus has a place in my heart also.

But, Ho Boy, it is rock with its jarring rhythms that heighten tension, are in the background of the fights scenes, and the revelations that are the turning points in my novels.

I’ve gotta have Nickelback, Hinder, Linkin Park, 30 Seconds to Mars, My Darkest Days, Matchbook Romance (love Monsters), and Three Days Grace pounding in the background when I write.

And then there is Iron Butterfly.

5 comments:

  1. Excellent song. And 30 Seconds to Mars is one of my personal faves, too. Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Metallica. Something from the Black album is always good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have great taste in music! Being a Star Trek fan, and having a partner who is into soundtracks, I'm always listening to the Trek film scores.

    Ellie Garratt

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Bethany
    I worship at the altar of Metallica.

    @ Ellie
    Gotta listen to the Star Trek soundtrack at least once a week.

    ReplyDelete

Your Turn. Don't Be Shy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...