Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Quothe – Z to A Challenge

“My name is Kvothe pronounced nearly the same as Quothe. You may have heard of me.”

So begins The Kingkiller Chronicles by Patrick Rothfuss, my newest hero.

When too many words tangle a novel’s storyline into knots, I begin skipping paragraphs. Then if things don’t sort themselves out, I pass over whole pages.

Two book series break my habit. I consume every word then go back, and read again.

One is of those books is Twilight by Stephenie Meyer.

The others are The Name of the Wind, a debut novel by the Mr. Rothfuss and Wise Man’s Fear, the second in the series.

His writing challenges me to better my craft.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting I'll have to see if they have that series for the Nook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same with similar sounding names or even worse, unpronounable names. Nothing makes me stop reading a book quicker than this.

    Ellie Garratt

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved The Name of the Wind. I just read it again to prepare myself for A Wise Man's Fear, which I started last night. I plan to savor every word.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, but how does he say Goethe? :D <3

    ReplyDelete

Your Turn. Don't Be Shy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...