Going rogue today due to circumstances beyond my control.
Fiscal Cliff, dumbed down.
Lesson # 1:
- U.S. Tax Revenue: $2,170,000,000,000
- Federal Budget: $3,820,000,000,000
- New Debt: $1,650,000,000,000
- National Debt: $14,271,000,000,000
- Recent Budget cuts: 38,500,000,000
Let’s now remove 8 zeros and pretend it’s a household budge:
- Annual family income: $21,700
- Money the family spent: $38,200
- New debt on the credit card: $16,500
- Outstanding balance on the credit card: $142,710
- Total budget cuts so far: $385
Got it?…. OK now…
Lesson # 2
Here’s another way of looking at the Debt Ceiling:
Let’s say you come home from work and find there has been a sewer backup in your neighborhood… and your home has sewage all the way up to your ceilings. What do you think you should do?
Raise the ceiling or remove the shit?