Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Pay Attention – Z to A Blog Challenge

Be a lurker, a stalker and watch the gestures, the movements of people around you.

Note what makes them stand out. Unusual traits or interesting habits, that is.

Use these gestures in you manuscript to define your characters and bring them to life. Everyone has their quirks. Harvest from people around you to make the storyline bloom.

Family and friends roll their eyes when they see me taking notes, but use care not to spook total strangers. It makes them nervous.

And that restraining order really sucks too.

9 comments:

  1. right, no stalking. good advice.
    happy P day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I found your blog. I'm stopping by from the A to Z challenge and I look forward to reading more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LoL on the restraining order. :) Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to come by to see which planet you inhabited. Well Missouri, that would be America's Midwest, am I right? Yes, a long way from Kangaroo Island's delights.

    I've followed you to keep up with your challenge posts too.

    Denise<3

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a huntress and a stalker - remind me not to get on your bad side! Very interesting post. Thanks for following me, and I will follow you as well. Should I be looking over my shoulder? Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ ENI
    Only if you have very unusual gestures I can use in my MS
    be afraid...be very afraid
    :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. very funny. I'm pretty sure I've made a person or two a tad uncomfortable from time to time. I'm trying to learn tact, before I get caught! haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a people watcher too. A lot of my doll's faces and expressions are based on real people.

    Gloria

    ReplyDelete

Your Turn. Don't Be Shy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...