Tara Tyler honored me with the Versatile Blogger Award this week. Her blog is a fantastic mixture of writing tips and advice on life. Truly, a spot have a cuppa and put your feet up.
My penance is to reveal seven things about myself. Well, now, how easy is that?
- I admire babies from afar but snuggle with strange puppies and kittens.
- Old barns, windmills, and farmsteads fascinate me. I wonder what their history is and if the swing in the front yard of the crumbling house misses the children that once played around it.
- Oak. I love oak. Trees, floors, desks, tables. Love it.
- Since 1980, we’ve used a wood stove to heat our house. It’s kind of messy, ashes and wood chips to clean out, but at 400 bucks a month savings on heating, it’s been worth it.
- Hate spiders (who doesn’t?) but love praying mantis.
- Once upon a time, in my Laura Ingalls Wilder past, I made butter, cheese, milked a cow, had chickens.
- In my younger days, I broke horses.
This writing community of ours is massive and our fellowship an amazing treasure.