Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The Shatner Phenomenon





William Shatner

Tomorrow is his birthday and his wife wants to give him a million Twitter followers. *clickFollow*

To paraphrase Yoda, “When eighty-one years old you reach, look as good you will not, hmmm?”








 And Tagged Again, by golly. This time by my super friend, Marcy at Mainewords.



The rules are simple:
1. Go to page 77 of your current MS.
2. Go to line 7.
3. Copy down the next 7 lines - sentences or paragraphs - and post them as they're written. No cheating.
4. Tag 7 authors.

This is from an earlier manuscript Of Oak & Dragons. The MC is talking to herself after learning her sword is sentient.

Hey Dad, I found this totally cool sword and it is talking to me, saying these, like, totally wicked things about dragons and death and how they are, after me and stuff. And if they find me, they will kill me and until then, I have to learn to be a quasi-super hero and rescue people in distress…

Crap.

“About the Dragon,” I asked the rapier. “How is he dangerous? And why?”

Actually, the Dragon is not a single entity. This particular one has never harmed any of those swordsmen. I haven’t touched this one before, the rapier said thoughtfully.


Thanks Marcy. I’ll highlight the seven writers at a later date.


4 comments:

  1. I like the "crap"!
    Eighty-one and the dude is still going...

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for playing :) and I LOVE William Shatner! He was on Fresh Air recently and I couldn't believe he was that old...hmm, I wonder how old that makes me? Best not to think about it, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the excerpt. About the only recommendation I can make would be using contractions. "It is" talking to me could sound better in my mind if you wrote "It's".

    It's hard to believe that Star Trek 6 came out almost 20 years ago. I think back and remember feeling nostalgic when I saw it in the theater. And suddenly...I'm twenty years older! Where did the time fly by to?

    ReplyDelete

Your Turn. Don't Be Shy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...