Saturday, March 10, 2012

Lucky Seven Meme


Chandara tagged me with the Lucky Seven.
  • Go to page 77 of your current MS
  • Go to line 7
  • Copy down the next 7 lines - sentences or paragraphs - and post them as they're written. 
  • No cheating

"Like the credit card."

I wasn't the only one startled when Faelan's words cut through the tension. His hooded eyes gleamed from under dark brows.

"Priceless," he said with a wry smile.

June sputtered then stalked toward him. "Looking for a sugar momma are you youngster?" Her face twisted in malice. "You need to stay out of this and keep..."

Her voice died. She came to a quivering stop.

Faelan hadn't moved.


 What is the title of your current WIP? Tell us about it.  
THE ADAMANT is about blacksmith Shamira Kelley a woman possessed by a pendant made from a unicorn’s horn that seeks payback from mankind for its millenniums-old death.

When did you start blogging and why?
  
Two years last month. Blogging is a much better solution than a website, easier to keep fresh and update.

If you could do anything tomorrow, what would you do? 
I’d love to see the Northern Lights.

Describe your happy place
Sitting in my front yard, warm sun on my face and a dog under my hand.

What was your first happy memory?  
After coming home from work, my tired dad drove me ten miles to see the Christmas lights in town.

What was the scariest thing you've ever done? 
After I toured a wax museum in Hannibal, Mo, I was shaking. I don’t know why, but those wax figures totally freaked me out. I was about to go Hattie Hysterical on ‘em and use my fingernails to claw my way out.

Where is the strangest place you ever had an idea for a story?  
Driving seventy down a busy interstate. The idea for a climatic ending smacked me upside the head and I nearly lost control of my pickup.

Where do you write? 
Messy, paper-strewn computer table in the living room. Try writing with the spouse yelling, “Hey, come see this. ESPN’s top plays are on.”

If you just won a ticket to anywhere in the world and you had to take me, where would you take me and why?  
Scotland. The British Isles fascinates me. I love me some castles and ancient history.

The five Lucky Seven recipients that I admire most are:

Jenn (Substitute photography for writing)

Honorable Mention goes to
Angela since *drat* someone beat me to her.

10 comments:

  1. Like to see the context from which that excerpt was taken!
    You'd dig Scotland. (Yes, I've been there.) It really is magical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see Scotland and your 'happy place' sounds perfect to me. I've seen some amazing photos of the northern lights from back home lately. Making me wish I was there to photograph them myself. The itch to drive 800 miles and do just that is very strong. I have a few photos to edit today and found a few old ones saved on my desktop I'd like to share, as well. Thanks for tagging me. I needed something fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome excerpt, and thanks for passing this meme on to me! I have to consider throwing my 7 lines out there now. I'll look into that soon. Again, thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, I'm getting really anxious to read this book. I think I'm going to host a 10,000 Words Blogfest so you have to share CHAPTERS. heehee...

    ReplyDelete
  5. i want more words too! and thanks for the tag! i am honored!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love to see Scotland - esp. since I am part Scots. And I've always been fascinated by castles. Mad Ludwig's is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great snippet and some great answers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The last line left me hungry for me. Great 7 lines.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey,

    Thanks for the kind comments, and wow... can't believe you and Mr. Hunter :) met on a blind date, too... and 39 years ago...

    Wow!! So made my day, thanks :)

    (oh, oh, oh... and Congrats to you guys, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so kindly, thought the thought that I am admired is... a little surreal and terrifying :)

    I have responded here:

    http://1000thmonkey.blogspot.com/2012/03/lucky-number-13-uh-i-mean-7.html

    ReplyDelete

Your Turn. Don't Be Shy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...