Friday, July 1, 2011

Visiting the Blogs...

…aka goofing off instead of working on my WIP as I should.

After checking out the amazing Alex Cavanaugh and his wealth of info last Friday, I went on an unintended journey to Google and Amazon to discover a type a music he recommended, a genre unknown to me.

WTH is ‘Viking’ music?

After discovering the answer to that provocative question, I ended up downloading music less, um, screaming.

I found a new – to me – group, Within Temptation. Their latest CD, The Unforgiving, has the exercise beat I like and super lyrics.

(and regarding lyrics. Since My Baby Does the Hanky-Panky hit the airwaves, no tune can get away with repeating the same words over and over and over…)

My downloads:

Sinead. The lead vocalist, Sharon den Adel is A. Ma. Zing

A Demon’s Fate. The title alone is beyond cool.

Iron. I am always on the lookout for a song that describes my protag. Iron describes Shamira perfectly:

You can’t live without the fire
It’s the heat that makes you strong
‘Cause you’re born to live and fight it all away
You can’t hide what lies inside you
It’s the only thing you’ve known
You’ll embrace it and never walk away
Don’t walk away.

The lesson here is, Be Advised! Either visit Alex’s blog and lose yourself for several minutes/hours or continue to lead a superbly meaningless life. *tongue firmly in cheek*

 Sooooo……got any more music suggestions?

*bg*


2 comments:

  1. That is so awesome! Within Temptation is one of my favorite bands. Glad I could influence another music lover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was cool enough to appreciate music like this. I'm stuck on the GLEE soundtracks right now. What can I say...I'm cliche :)

    ReplyDelete

Your Turn. Don't Be Shy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...