Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Difference Between a Mechanic and a Writer

What do you see in this photo? (Btw, for the eddi-cation of my city friends, that is a bale spike at the end)

A mechanic sees a tractor about to be serviced.  Raising the lift-arm makes it easier to access the oil filter and hoses along the body of the engine.

Makes sense, right?









What does a writer see?

Come one, what’s the first thing you thought of?





I’ll give you a better look.

Yeah, I know you want to say it. Go ahead.













Rude gesture, right?

Right.

And THAT, my dear children is the difference between my hubby and me.

7 comments:

  1. I thought it had come to life and was preparing to attack... images of a horrible movie called Maximum Overdrive flashed through my head.
    Oh. The finger. Crap, missed that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! It reminded me a little of a mechanized scorpian ... something that would fit in the steampunk novel that's spinning in my brain of late.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, that is hilarious! Probably the same difference my hubby and I would see as well. Except he's not mechanically inclined at all. Hmm...

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Cherie
    The neighbors could hear ME laughing when I saw the tractor.WRITER!

    @ Alex
    You see a Transformers-type critter about to tear into the unsuspecting populace.
    WRITER!

    @Anita
    You see a steampunk monster straight from the bowels of the noisy workshop of some evil genius.WRITER

    @ Charity
    I bet he might wonder 'why the tractor is positioned like that?' (NORMAL PERSON) but not, 'why is that tractor giving the world the finger?'. WRITER.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you there! My hubby would have thought the same exact thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my. I just spat my coffee out. Too funny!

    Ellie Garratt

    ReplyDelete

Your Turn. Don't Be Shy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...