Monday, November 4, 2013

A Matter of Minutes and Hours

Writing and Time

As one of my Facebook friends said, “What sadistic mind would schedule NaNoWriMo in the month of November?”

It does seem like someone with a sense of humor and an evil laugh decided on the timing. With family, Thanksgiving, harvest still underway on the farm, I must keep the motto of the little engine that could in mind. 

I joined the glut of nincompoops participating, figuring it was an excellent motivator. And it is too. As soon as I finish this post it’s back to grind out my two thousand words a day.

TV shows. Walking Dead is living up to its name. Lots of gore of course. It’s a given that I don’t eat popcorn during this show. But the storyline is hair-raising fantastic, the whole reason for watching. I know there will be death and mangling ahead. Here’s hoping my favorite characters make it to the end of the season. Especially Daryl. I cannot do without my dose of the big D.

The Originals. Absolutely fantastic. Nuff said.


Dracula. Watched the second episode. It has the same blood and no-popcorn-allowed scenes as Walking Dead and a twisting storyline to go with it. I bought the original Bram Stoker’s Dracula to read. Sure it doesn’t follow the book but who would want that anyway? Definitely TiVo worthy.


Get ready for the next installment of Insecure WritersSupport Group this Wednesday. 

I didn't have enough to do this month, lots of time on my hands and all so I volunteered to be one of the humble hosts. Actually, I’m rather looking forward to it. Told the family that I would be “unavailable” that day. No dinner for harvest. No running to town for parts. And shifted babysitting the grandson to Monday and Friday. 


I share this duty with The Man Who Needs No Hyperlink, Tina Downey, Isis Rushdan, and Michelle Wallace.

So what are you watching this TV season? Like Dracula? Are you participating in NaNo? Got your post ready for IWSG? 

"I think I can, I think I can" - Little Engine That Could


4 comments:

  1. Keep writing! Glad you've cleared your calendar for Wednesday - thanks for co-hosting this month.
    And thanks to Mark Koopmans for starting the no-hyperlink-needed trend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw something that said Dracula was a mini series. Or limited series. Something like that. Only something like 13 episodes. Boo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last year, Dracula was King Henry. Hmm, does that mean he was promoted or ...? Haven't watched it yet. I'm worried nothing can measure up to Being Human, UK. Thanks for co-hosting, CD.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too, am participating in NaNoWriMo, and going through our IWSG blogs is my carrot at the end of the stick. I get to do this after I've completed half my word quota, and at the end. But not inbetween! I'm watching "Arrow" (because I'm a long-time Green Arrow comic book fan), Revenge, and have just started The 4400. I do like Walking Dead, haven't tried Dracula yet, but will, and haven't even heard of the Originals till you mentioned them. My daughter is also on me to watch "Newsroom." Thanks for co-hosting this month!

    ReplyDelete

Your Turn. Don't Be Shy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...