Monday, October 12, 2015

For the Love of Fall




It is nearly universal, this love for the halcyon days of pumpkins, glowing leaves, and changing weather. 







The angle of the sun gives the fields a depth of color that wasn't there in the summer.







And the decorations make it extra super, doesn't it?





If only the Asian beetle didn’t crash the part. So annoying. They look like the esteemed Ladybug but they aren’t. See the difference? 



They bite, invade the house, and fly around on warm fall days waiting to land on me. If bothered, they eject a stink like no other. Yuk.

Go here to see how they ended up in my living room.



On the Farm. Harvest is in full swing with days of greasing the combine, moving equipment, and bringing the lovely grain to bins. Beautiful, beautiful weather has made a wet spring a distant memory. Thank Heavens.



Halloween is coming soon and in the spirit of the season, here is a video that made me actually scream.


Have a happy. If you can. *evilgrin*

9 comments:

  1. I wouldn't have know that wasn't a ladybug.
    Creepy short. Although she did have a cell phone in her hand. She could've called someone! (I know, no one uses a phone for actual calls anymore.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, avoiding the video. Not into the scary. Sorry about the invasion of the beetles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would've screamed if you hadn't warned me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too bad the beetles have to come around and ruin such a great time of the year. My favorite season by far. And even more so now that The Walking Dead is back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband laughed at me for talking about the angle of the sun...but it's TRUE! It started around early August--the shade just seems to grow and grow and grow! But the colors still aren't that bright here yet. I'm starting to see them a little...but I'm hoping in the next few days it'll all really come out. Sorry about the bugs...I saw a way to get rid of ladybugs once online. I wonder if that would work for these?

    ReplyDelete
  6. My house has had a lot of ladybugs in recent months--or has it? I'll have to catch one of the little buggers and check.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My house has had a lot of ladybugs in recent months--or has it? I'll have to catch one of the little buggers and check.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love fall! But those bugs sound creepy

    ReplyDelete

Your Turn. Don't Be Shy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...