Wednesday, June 7, 2017

IWSG - Wishes


First Wed of Every Month

These are the continuing voyages of the Ninja Captain, AJC. His mission, to explore all new writing venues, to seek out new authors and new blogs. 
To boldly go where no blogateer has gone before.
Coming together on the first Wednesday of every month for a virtual pat on the back. 

When contemplating Life, the Great Beyond, and the nutritional value of almonds, I forget I have a blog and posts for IWSG.

*cue Slinky falling down the steps*

But toasted almonds top my munch-list, my belief in an All Powerful Deity remains unfazed, and here is my Post for Insecure Writers Support Group.

I wish:
There was less vitriol in social media, politics, and public. 
Tolerance for all viewpoints. 
More quiet Dis-cussion and less Cussin’.
I wish...  
There were fewer handouts and more handups
More encouragement and less battering of spirits
People realized the value of Routines, the Golden Rule, and a child’s laugh.
Not more time but the insight to use time wisely
I wish:
People would listen to I Believe by The Lettermen at least once a week.

Watch more sunsets and sunrises and marvel. 
Everyone had a dog or cat to love.
 I wish:
People would investigate and research rather than accepting an internet source depending on donations, listen to people with dirt on their hands and love in their hearts, and realize that desk-jockeys with book smarts have no real experience.



I want people to remember the sacrifices and courage of D-Day, 911, the Battle for Britain, Thermopylae, and watch Schindler’s List and Saving Private Ryan.




And finally, I wish for more Hope, Less Strife, more Personal Intelligence, and less Internet Intellect. More backbone, common sense, and gentle determination.

My blog, my space, my wishes

What do you wish for most in the world?

11 comments:

  1. Those are lovely wishes. The world would sure be a better place if those wishes came true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd add perseverance, fortitude, courage, clear-headedness, and the ability to gage the difference. Then I'm tempted to slip chocolate and all the Doritas I could eat in there as well. :0

      Delete
  2. Nice list. I only disagree with the Schindler's List requirement. (I can't do Holocaust movies. They make me ill. Well, any movie with that sort of suffering. Hotel Rwanda also made me ill.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Schindlers IS tough to take. The Hubs only watched it once and could never watch it again.
      As a Sage once said, "To ignore history dooms us to repeat it." Actually, I paraphrased a famous Sage. A Sage. From somewhere.

      Delete
  3. Well said! Excellent list.
    I never could get a Slinky to go down more than two steps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am full of lists. They keep me sane. And thank you.
      (better the Slinky than me :O)

      Delete
  4. Wonderful wishes! I'm definitely in favor of the first three, although I do cuss quite a bit (but mostly to myself, not to others).

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is an amazing wish list! I remember Slinkys able to go down steps and across the floor at the bottom. These days they don't seem to make them so long, flexible, and ... well ... slinky!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish people weren't selfish or mean. And that I could/would write faster.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are great!!! I wish we all could believe in ourselves more. And that we lived in a world where people didn't stomp on each other's dreams--after reading all of the IWSG posts this month, I see how mean this world can be to those of us who are creative.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that would be a pretty great world. Unfortunately a sheep mentality seems to prevail online and people accept things all too easily.

    ReplyDelete

Your Turn. Don't Be Shy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...