Wednesday, January 7, 2015

IWSG - Beside the Dying Fire



IWSG—Insecure Writers Support Group, coming together on the first Wednesday of every month for a virtual pat on the back. 






Intro. Just the facts. Pertinent and otherwise.


Published author of Wilder Mage and Mage Revealed and hard at work with the third and last in the series, Chimera Mage.

I color not only outside the lines but on another page entirely and worship at the altar of Fantasy. 

All kinds, all flavors. Kinda like pizza.

Beside the Dying Fire.

IWSG. If you are a Walking Dead enthusiast, you'll recognize the above title from one of the episodes. To me, it epitomizes the flame that once blazed bright for some writers and now has died to glowing embers. Or are as cold as long-dead ashes.

So many bloggers and forums that I started out with, so many have faded away, gone.

How completely depressing.

Are you wavering? Is the conflagration that once burned like a lava flow dwindling? Are you worried that you are Pretty Much Dead Already?

It is hard to hold onto the passion that gripped my senses, white-knuckled and fervent. But it is necessary to create a routine, follow it without regard to the shiny objects that distract me.


What Lies ahead for the writer who wanders? The answer is keeping the passion. Hug it close like the Wildfire it once was. 

Because it is Clear that the end you will regret those Days Gone Bye if you give in to the miasma.





Insecure Writers Support Group: The Final Frontier.


These are the continuing voyages of the Ninja Captain, AJC. His mission, to explore all new writing venues, to seek out new authors and new blogs. 

To boldly go where no blogateer has gone before.

27 comments:

  1. I've seen so many fade now and it's sad. I am still holding on though! So is the IWSG.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sort of feel this way when it comes to my novel. When I started I was so passionate about it and I couldn't do anything but work on it. Now that passion seems to have fizzled out. I hope it'll find its way back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep watering it. I've had Pretty Much Dead plants come back to life.
      (see below comment regarding capital letters *grin*)

      Delete
  3. I'm such a TWD enthusiast that I recognized all the episode titles. Love this.
    I've also seen many people fade away and it's a shame. I miss some of the bloggers I met back in the beginning of this crazy journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *doing the Snoopy Dance* I wondered if anyone would notice. Cool!!

      Delete
  4. Routines are your best friend! I used to write when I had ideas but then my muse dried up until I decided I'd write 1,000 words every day even if they were total crap. I finished a book in 2 months and I'm about to start a new one. So set yourself a routine and you'll see it'll help. :-) Happy new year!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many are gone or fading, but the survivors will stick around. We will push through and be better for it. I can't wait for The Walking Dead to come back back with the second half of the season! :) Happy new year!

    RYC: The cover to my urban fantasy Of Blood and Sorrow was done by Erin Dameron-Hill. She's an awesome cover artist and very affordable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My attention span can take me from one project to the next and never guarantee when one will finally be finished. But I'm trying not to let it all fade completely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen them drop away too. At first, it did depress me, but then I decided- this game isn't for the faint of heart. If you do not love, I mean really love, the toil of writing, it's just too much work and they fall away. To me, it's never a matter of talent- it's tenacity. Got to have that tenacity.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Still laughing over the blogateer!

    I am waning in my passion for writing, but haven't entirely given up yet.

    Stop! You're making my foot itch and I can't think of anything optimistic to say to that Dying Fire imagery.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The fire needs to be fed in order to burn. I definitely need to get back to embracing writing and stop letting other things step in the way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with Shannon - feed that fire - paint, draw, walk, dance, play, and then write. :) Keep the fire burning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, so true. The passion is a must if one wishes to withstand the ebbs and flows, the trends they are a part of and the trends that fall away from them. The everlasting trend should be a trend...but it should be the passion.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes. I feel like my blogging is dying, but the good news is that energy is going into my family and writing. In the end, that's probably where my priorities should be. However, I already miss the community that is this beautiful online world. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  13. No wavering here. I've met so many writers through my blog and want to keep meeting more. I'm just learning to be more efficient with my posts

    ReplyDelete
  14. "Keep the passion." I like that. I think we need the passion to keep on writing and blogging and promoting. We need a happy medium between writing and blogging. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think an artist should also find other creative ventures to feed and sustain the fire...
    As Tyrean says paint, draw, walk, dance, sing...
    I'm hanging in there!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog on IWSG day.
    (Btw, you have a compelling voice)

    Writer In Transit

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, passion is the key! I'm so sad about people who kind of slip off the radar that occasionally I google them to check and see whether they are doing anything or whether they really have gone :(

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. Don't give in! You're a great writer, so keep it up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. People change and grow and with that their passion for things change into something new. It's sad to see old friends go, though.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Passion is important. I sure hope you don't wander. We need you here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I was repeating myself- losing my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I was repeating myself- losing my mind!

    ReplyDelete

Your Turn. Don't Be Shy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...