Thursday, December 13, 2012

Valor, A Greystone Novel

Book Review


Often readers purchase without reading reviews or back cover. I am not usually in that category. Unless I worship every word the author pens (insert ‘Jim Butcher’ here), I am wary of new authors and investigate thoroughly.

For some odd, fateful reason I fell into reading Valor, A Greystone novel by Taylor Longford without reading the sample chapter, the back cover, or the reviews.

By all that is Holy, I hit the jackpot.

MacKenzie opens a crate sent by her ‘step-person’ (love that btw) and finds a life-size statue of a young man. A gorgeous man. While she eyes the realistic sculpture, MacKenzie is unaware that the stature looking back. He is a gargoyle who turned himself to stone hundreds of years before and awaits only the touch of sunlight to return to flesh again.

Ms. Longford continues with Dare and Reason. Folks, this series is a keeper.

I highly recommend.

8 comments:

  1. You've piqued my interest! I will have to check this out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JENN!!!

      Missed you, sweetie!! Hey, check tomorrow's post, okay? got some news.

      Delete
  2. Oooh, what a great concept! Sounds intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. absolutely worth the read. I bought Dare and Reason today and may not surface for several hours now :)

      Delete
  3. I've accidentally picked up books before that I loved. It's like Fate was handing the book to you herself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! I love it. Simple and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooo, i like the sound of this! adding to tbr list!

    ReplyDelete

Your Turn. Don't Be Shy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...