Sunday, November 13, 2011

Golden Blood


Golden Blood by Melissa Pearl is about a teen girl afflicted with more than the usual high school angst of friends, classes, and that cute boy in the front row. She is a time traveler. And sometimes missions get in the way.

Ms. Pearl debut novel is YA and a reading treat. She kept me guessing until the end, setting up conflicts and mysteries that bounced my emotions around. As the MC grows in character, she gets the proverbial rug pulled out from under her.  Great storyline.

I enjoyed the detailed world-building Ms. Pearl created. With layers of intrigue and what-ifs, I dropped into her alternate universe without struggling to understand.

A Great Read. Highly recommended.




1 comment:

  1. I'm fascinated by the whole idea of this. Sounds like a must read.

    ReplyDelete

Your Turn. Don't Be Shy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...